The Custometer is a readers survey for customer media. Available to evaluate print magazines & online content (adapted for online magazines, blog & e-letters).
- Organized by Custo, the Belgian federation of content marketeers
- Developed & conducted by InSites Consulting
- Available for evaluations of print magazines and online content (and further tweaked for online magazines, blog & e-letters)
- Versions for B2C, B2B & B2E
- Compares results to a unique Belgian benchmark based on 50 (print) Custometers.
- Combination of standardized approach (which allows to compare results with the benchmark) with possibility to add ad hoc questions (which allows to measure specific magazine goals).
1 LANGUAGE (DU)
- Print Magazine: 5000 €
- Online Content: 3500 €
- Print & Online Content: 7250 €
2 LANGUAGES (DU & FR)
- Print Magazine: 6000 €
- Online Content: 4500 €
- Print & Online Content: 9250 €
Which media are qualified
- PRINT magazines; with 2 main goals:
- How do readers consume and evaluate the publication? How can we optimize the publication in the future?
- What is the effect of the publication among readers on the perception and evaluation of my brand, products or services
- ONLINE content (customized questions for online magazines, blogs & e-letters), with comparable goals:
- How do readers evaluate the content? How can we optimize the content/platform in the future?
- What is the effect of the content among readers on the perception and evaluation of my brand, products or services
Besides organizing separate measurements of print & online content, it’s also possible to do a combi evaluation of the print & online content, with efficiency gains and a price reduction.
Find a full overview of metrics for print vs. online evaluations. The evaluation of online content is centered around the evaluation of the content & platform as well as brand impact, whereas for print magazines the consumption is also included.
Reach of the current & previous magazines
Channel of publication receipt
Relationship with brand
Perception of brand & attitude
Reading intensity (number of pages)
Usage after reading the magazine
Conversations about the brand/magazine
Moment magazine consumption (day, evening, break, weekend, ..)
Evaluation of magazine execution (name, lay-out, variation, writing style, etc.)
Evaluation of content (useful, generates new ideas, etc.)
Evaluation on impact of brand perception
To what extent reading look forward to next edition
Evaluation of number of issues per year
Qualitative evaluation of cover page
AD HOC QUESTIONS
3 ad hoc questions can be added
HOW IS IT CONDUCTED?
- Ordering a Custometer is easy: mail your request to either firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. We will take care of your request and contact you for further information.
- Discuss the following details:
- Timings of the research project
- Determine the number of languages
- Tune the questionnaire to your needs with 3 ad hoc questions
- Decide data collection method (see further)
- Decide incentive (see further)
- Take the following framework of timings into account
- Confirmation of the project to InSites: 4 weeks before field work
- Input survey to InSites: 2,5 weeks before field
- Links available for online survey: 1 week before field work
- Field: usually up to 4 weeks
- Report: 2 weeks after field
INPUT TO DELIVER TO INSITES
InSites Consulting will deliver a template of the survey with clear indications of what input is expected and where. The input needed is summarized below:
- Covers of the magazine (if print): current magazine + 3 previous magazines
- Input for ad hoc questions (max 3 questions). In case it’s a print + online evaluation: we can add up to 6 ad hoc questions (3 for print & 3 for online).
- Input to complete the survey:
- Name of the magazine
- Employer names
- Number of magazines per year
- Changes to the statements within the questionnaire
After implementing the survey, InSites Consulting will share a link in order to test the questionnaire (before inviting respondents). Final feedback can be given on this link.
- The research project is conducted by means of an online questionnnaire (for print & online content evaluations)
- Respondents are invited to participate to the survey via a call to action in the magazine (if print), a link/pop-up on the website (if online), direct mailing, social media recruitment, etc. A mailing is always recommended as it is the most effective source to recruit respondents.
- How to maximize participation:
- Incentive (not included in budget)
- Support charity
- Share results afterwards
- InSites Consulting delivers a standardized report in powerpoint, including conclusions & recommendations.
- Within the powerpoint presentation, InSites Consulting will provide a comparison with the benchmark based upon the results of different Custometer projects.
- The report for print magazines consists of more or less 30 content slides, the report for online magazines consists of more or less 20 content slides.
- Optionally InSites Consulting can also provide a face to face presentation of the results.
- This is not yet included in the budget, the additional budget for the presentation is €600 ex VAT.